Friday 11 February 2011

Preliminary Task Evaluation

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Due to my research into other school magazines, I discovered that each one used a bright colour to appeal to students. Therefore, I chose the colour yellow, because I believed it would stand out to students. I wanted my page not to stand out, but to keep a basic look. Therefore I only used a few colours, so the page did not look over complicated.
Instead of using a standard font, I used cut out letters from magazines in my header. I used this because I thought it would appeal to students due to its modern unique art form. I tried to follow the rule of thirds on my front cover and contents page.
 


















I used inset pictures on my contents page, due to its typical use in professional magazines. The insets I used were related to articles on which I was reporting on.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

The software I used to edit the photos and design my magazine was Abobe Photoshop Elements. I used the tools that I was taught about in lessons. The tool I used the most was the magnetic lasso tool. It allowed me to cut out the background of photos. I also used the clone stamp used to blemish skin tones. I also used the spot healing brush to remove marks and spots from the people in my photos. These tools allowed my magazine to look more professional. I learnt to use different widths of aperture on the camera, when taking photos from different styles of shots, photos and surroundings. I also liked to the bevel and emboss features to make text look more '3d' and stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment