Friday 1 April 2011

Rough Cuts

I'm in progress of producing my magazine and these are my rough cuts. This includes a front cover, contents page and double page spread.


Raw
Front Cover

This is the rough cut of my front cover.


The things that I like about it are:

  • Good central image. The Mise en Scene is appropriate. The compositions of the shot is also
  • The front of 'The Bright Nights'
  • The band name
  • Inside circle 
Popular points of feedback from my teachers and class are:
  • Not enough text
  • Image is too dark
  • Inside is in the wrong place
  • 'Nights' clashes with red shirts
  • Good composition of shot
  • Good title and logo
  • No price or issue number

Raw
Double Page Spread

This is the rough cut of my double page spread.

The things that I like about it are:
  • Tri colour scheme
  • Composition of shot
  • Layout of text
  • Inset images
Popular points of feedback from my teachers and class were:
  • Image is too blurry
  • Good colour scheme
  • The way the jeans stand out
  • Inset images
  • Good theme in interview
  • Needs more text
  • Layout of 3rds needs to be clearer
Raw
Contents Page

This is the rough cut of my contents page.

The things I like about it are:
  • Contents logo
  • Fonts used, sans serif and serif
  • Page layout
  • Image
Popular points of feedback from my teachers and class were:
  • Not enough text
  • Needs more content
  • Needs more images
  • Nice use of yellow circles
The feedback helped because it pointed things out that I didn't notice my self. It also gave more opinions on my magazine, all allowing it to help me improve. I will use this feedback in help to produce my final cut of my magazine.




No comments:

Post a Comment